- Introduction: The Digital Wallet is a Mobile Payment Application service, your use of the Digital Wallet is subject to these Terms of Service (“Terms”).
- General Description of Digital Wallet Digital Wallet is a mobile app that allows you to transact using your issued virtual card number representing your credit card you register on the Mobile Wallet application (a “Virtual Card Number”). Virtual Card Numbers will be specified and differ based on whether the app is used within the Kingdom or Internationally. Your credit card will be digitally replicated on smart phone devices to enable you to do payment transactions. Virtual Card Numbers, (collectively, “Payment Instrument”) may be added to the Mobile Wallet in future where the range of uses can vary from participating merchants or transit locations, using an eligible mobile device (which may include an eligible NFC wearables’ device) and either the Mobile Wallet that resides on your mobile device .
- Using Digital Wallet
(a) Basic use requirements. To use Digital Wallet Application at POS devices with contactless capability, E commerce and for Apple Pay, you will need an eligible credit card issued by Tas’heel Finance, provided that the device meets the service’s system and compatibility requirements, which may change from time to time; working internet access (It’s not necessary required in some cases); and compatible software. Your ability to use Digital Wallet and its performance may be affected by these factors and any other factors related to use. Ensuring the requirements to start using the app are met is your responsibility as a user.
(b) Getting Started. You may set up Digital Wallet using the application that is already downloaded on your mobile device. After you have provided the requested information and attempted to add a Payment Instrument, will check both whether if your Payment Instrument is currently supported and whether the credit card itself is eligible to be used with the application without the liability of Tas’heel Finance in the case of non-compatibility or the use of application, when adding it, you will be required to confirm your identity using the mobile number registered at Tas’heel Finance in addition to any other conditions specified by Tas’heel Finance and/or any supervisory authority. Once you have done so and successfully added the Payment Instrument, Digital Wallet will store Virtual Card Number(s) representing your payment card’s actual card number. This Virtual Card Number will be used for all in-store payment and E-Commerce transactions using Digital Wallet without any liability to Tas’heel Finance. Where your card supports multiple schemes there will be one Virtual Card Number associated with each scheme. The appearance of this Virtual Card Number will vary in any printed receipts collected by the mobile owner based on the agreements and technical specifications of the service referred to earlier in this document.
A credit card may be removed or deactivated from Digital Wallet Application on a given device and/ or become unusable with the Service for example but not limited to and without the responsibility of Tas’heel Finance if:
(1) you delete it from Digital Wallet Application
(2) you remove it as a payment method from card issuer Tas’heel Finance
(3) you erase your mobile device using Device Manager
(4) you delete Digital Wallet Application
(5) you do not use Digital Wallet on the device for 24 consecutive months and/or
(6) your Payment Instrument’s issuer or payment network instructs Tas’heel Finance to remove the Payment Instrument from Digital Wallet
(7) your identity document is expired
(8) Conduct suspicious transactions or consider money laundering or fraud without reference to you and without any responsibility on Tas’heel Finance.
You agree by using Digital Wallet for your purchases in the limit of the permitted operations and in your purchases – if any -, Tas’heel Finance reserves the right to amend these limits without prior declaration.
Your use of Digital Wallet is governed by the Tas’heel Finance terms and conditions, which describes in more detail the conditions covered by this Privacy Notice. Capitalized terms are not defined in this Digital Wallet Privacy Notice shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Digital Wallet Terms of Service.
Information we collect
Transaction information – When you use Digital Wallet to conduct a transaction, we may collect information about the transaction, including but not limited to: Date, time and amount of the transaction, the merchant’s location and description, a description provided by the seller of the goods or services purchased, the names of the seller and buyer (or sender and recipient), the type of payment method used, your description of the reason for the transaction, and the offer associated with the transaction, if any.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information you provide to us in order to provide you with Digital Wallet Application for customer service purposes, and to protect you from fraud, phishing or other misconduct. Such information may also be used to assist third parties in the provision of products or services that you request from them. We also use the information to review your activities to determine whether you continue to meet the terms of the service, to make decisions about your future Digital Wallet Application transactions, and for other legitimate business needs related to the transactions initiated by you. By accepting the Terms and Condition you authorize Tas’heel Finance to store Your registration information that is in an association within your Digital Wallet and your registration of a payment method will be stored on Tas’heel Finance servers. In addition, certain data elements may also be stored on your mobile device. We may retain the information you provide for extended periods of time for the purpose of complying with legal process and regulatory obligations.
Information we share
We will only share your personal information in the following circumstances:
As necessary to process your transaction and maintain your account.
To complete your registration for a service provided by a third party.
To inform a third-party merchant, whose site or app you visit, whether you have a Digital Wallet account that can be used for making payment to that merchant.
In case any governmental authorities request any information under Saudi court order. For example, when you make a purchase or transaction, we make certain personal information about you available to the merchant you purchase from or transact with. When you visit a participating merchant site or app, the merchant may check whether you have Digital Wallet with an eligible form of payment that can be used to pay the merchant, in order to reduce the likelihood that you will see unusable features on sites or apps. Any information you provide directly to a third-party merchant, website or application is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of merchants or other third parties with whom you choose to share your personal information directly. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party to whom you choose to share your personal information directly. We will not share your personal information with anyone not related to Tas’heel Finance except as described in this privacy notice. As explained above, Digital Wallet is a product offered to eligible Tas’heel Finance Cardholders.
The security of your Digital Wallet depends on you keeping your password(s), PINs, and other access information confidential. If you share your private information including the mobile device itself with a third party, he or she may have access to your account and your personal information. Unauthorized payment transactions could result. It is your responsibility to control access to your mobile device and the Digital Wallet Application on your device, including keeping your password(s) and/or PIN confidential and not sharing it with anyone.
It is also your responsibility to immediately alert Tas’heel Finance in writing if you believe that the security of the information in the Digital Wallet, or your card details have been compromised. Keeping your card details safe is your responsibility to avoid transactions that are not authorized by you as the genuine cardholder. When you do a transaction, you acknowledge that you are the authentic user of the mobile device that is being used and digitized card within the wallet. And with your consent, you release and discharge Tas’heel Finance from any abuses and / or misuse or theft of your mobile phone and / or violation of its privacy and / or theft or leaking of the secret code and / or any other reason unrelated to Tas’heel Finance that may result in any harm to you and not entitled In this regard, Tas’heel Finance shall not be liable in any event of interruption of service for any reason beyond its control and / or in the event of Force Majeure
- For disputes relating to payment transactions conducted using Digital Wallet, contact Tas’heel Finance and follow the appropriate merchant procedures adopted for claim submissions according to Saudi laws. It is agreed that the competent judicial authorities and judicial committees within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shall have the jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.